18 May 2010

Pages In Progress--that make me HAPPY!

Just wanted to share some pages in progress....
I am a huge fan of Tattered Angels, and LOVE their Glimmer Mist. It is some of the most awesome stuff out there. I had wanted to design my own pattern on plain cardstock, using masks and Glimmer Mist. Please excuse the poor photo. After I finish the page, I will update with a new photo. So, it is a simple start, but here it is:


Cardstock: Prism
Stamps: Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesdsay

Masks: Heidi Swapp Hearts

Glitter, Sticker Letters: Little Yellow Bicycle

AND....GLIMMER MIST!

~
The next set, of 2-page layouts, I created while on the Sisterhood of the NH Scrapbook Cabin retreat in Vermont. They too are unfinished, though I mostly need only add photos. The goal of these layouts was to use two pieces of designer cardstock to create multiple layouts. I accomplished this by using Prism cardstock in single colors as a base. What fun these were to create!


Cardstock: Prism
Designer Cardstock: Colorbok

Stamps: Heidi Swapp

Embossing Powder: Zing

American Crafts Ribbon *Chipboard Embellishment is painted with Ranger Acrylic Paint Dabber in Pearl & sprayed with Glimmer Mist


Cardstock: Prism
Designer Cardstock: Colorbok

*Chipboard embellishment decorated with Ranger Acrylic dabber in Pearl & sprayed with Glimmer Mist.


Cardstock: Prism
Designer Cardstock: Colorbok

Ribbon: American Crafts
Embossing Powder: Zing

Embossing Pen: VersaMark

*Chipboard decorated with Ranger Acrylic Dabber in Pearl & sprayed with Glimmer Mist *Fiskars' edge tear ruler used to create the wavy line of the designer cardstock.
*Embossing used to border the chipboard embellishment and where the designer cardstock meets with the plain cardstock. Details below.


If you look closely, you can see that the embellishment has been outlined with an embossing pen, followed by Zing Embossing powder. Just a simple highlighting technique.


Same here...if you look super close, you can see the embossing along the edge of the designer cardstock. Again, a simple addition to create a subtle highlight. Every small detail makes a difference!

I will be attempting to finish these before the end of the week, if I continue to recover quickly from this flu thing I have had. I am also working on some layouts using super cute designer cardstock by The Girls Paperie! It is some of the cutest paper I have EVER seen. Lots of pink and shabby CHIC.

Happy Crafting Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment