19 May 2010

Mid-Week Pinks....

*This was supposed to be posted last night, but I had internet connection issues*


What am I talking about: mid-week Pinks?


I wanted to be more positive, so I decided Pink was more Cheerful than Blue (insert giggles here).


I am feeling that mid-week anticipation for the weekend. That, along with: "Where has the week gone?"; "I just haven't accomplished anything this week."; "Why can't it be Friday?".


Rather than focus on that sort of 'Blue' mentality, I am choosing to be Pink! What does it mean to be Pink? Why do I chose Pink? First, it is my favorite color. I look at it and feel good. I feel comfort. So, naturally, I would rather feel Pink than Blue. Wouldn't you? Unless, of course, Blue is your 'happy' color.


I want to see mid-week as a good time. It can be a time to evaluate what has already been done, and what needs to be done. It is closer to the weekend than Monday. And, simply, it is just another day and time of the week.


Why should we want to hurry time, considering it naturally slips so quickly past us. Every day should be lived with vitality. Why not? Right?


Here it is. I am not always good about living each day fully. I am thinking I am not alone in this? In fact, today I was feeling quite down. I have been sick a lot this year. Taking care of a sick toddler while you are also sick, is draining and unimaginable (until you have lived it). I thought I was going to 'lose-it' because of my fatigue. I focused on all the yuck, rather than what was good. Why did my husband have to work late? Why couldn't he just stay home from work so I could sleep? Why? Why? Why?


Here is WHY. He has to work to support our lifestyle--my being a stay-at-home mom. We are fortunate that he has a job during these financial times. He can't stay home because he is in training for a new position at work. That is a good thing. We are fortunate that he is a hard worker and continues to be successful in his career.


What about our little girl? Yes. I am exhausted. Sure. I feel yucky. Yet, a few years ago, I wasn't even sure we would have her. Struggling with infertility, and being fortunate enough to have had success with medical assistance, makes me fortunate. Hey. There is that word again: FORTUNATE. Yes. FORTUNATE. Fortunate, in that, I have her to care for, even while I am sick. My sickness is temporary. That itself is fortunate.


That is why I decided to make this Wednesday, mid-week, a 'Pink' day. I think I will continue this Wednesday-is-a-Pink day idea! It is a good reminder to me to look at all that I have that makes me fortunate.


I hope that all you, have something that makes you feel fortunate.


1 comment:

  1. Pink? A girl likes pink? Surprise, surprise!

    Seriously, though, these things that bend us to their will are merely circumstances. They are thing outside of our control. Like, at least it seems to me, infertility. So, what do we DO with circumstances? We seek medical advice and achieve success. We work hard to make sure the transition to a better position goes smoothly. We press on even if we are tired. We are fortunate that we have circumstances that we can choose to do something about.

    Can't control the circumstances but you can control your reaction to it. I say bravo. Not to pink, tho :P

    ReplyDelete