17 May 2010

Monday, Monday.....

Monday is coming to a close, and I can't say that I am sad. I really don't want to be that way, but I am sick for the third time this year. What is going on? Perhaps I need to get more rest, eat better, and exercise more often? I take my daily vitamins, I eat fairly well, and I rest as much as I can. Somehow, I am sure it isn't enough. After I recover from this flu/cold thing, I am setting out on a new routine. Can't change over night, but will do it a step at a time.

What do you do to stay healthy? Activity? Vitamins? Meditation? Massage Therapy?

I like to think of paper crafting as a way to stay healthy--kinda like art therapy. In college, I worked for the Director of the Hospital Arts Program. I assisted her in organizing a convention on 'Arts in Healthcare'. It was refreshing, and motivating, to see so many nurses, doctors, artists, and others come together to share and learn. They were sincerely dedicated to incorporating art programs into medical care. Think about it. You are stuck in a hospital bed, physically weak, and potentially becoming emotionally weak. You are given the opportunity to express yourself in a non-restricted, completely personal manner. Couldn't this help boost your immunity by way of boosting your mood? I am not a professional, and I have never had a terminal illness. I only know what I have seen and experienced. And, I know this topic is much deeper than what I can explore here...

A few months back, I took a wonderful Art Journal class, with Jenn Shurkus, at Colorful Creations on the Cape. There were no boundaries, no pre-set designs, and no restrictions, other than any you might create. It was about learning technique to apply to making your own Art Journal. I don't know if my hands have ever been so ink/paint stained in my life! I was the messiest person there. I thought about nothing other than what I was feeling at the moment, and put that into how I applied ink, or whatever other medium or ephemera I was using. I am at a loss for words in how to explain what I felt; yet, it was a release, a sort of meditation, and just fun. My life is good, and everything at the time was great, but it still made me more relaxed. I felt more in touch with me. I recommend it!

Just taking this moment to write about how I feel at this moment has been therapeutic. Sure. I am still sick. My body still aches. Still have a fever, etc...... Yet, my mind feels less tense. I just might be able to get some good sleep tonight.

Take some time for you, to express 'you' with no restrictions. Allow yourself to be freed of all that confines and suffocates you.

Monday, Monday...maybe you aren't so bad after all? You are just another part of the life that makes me who I am....

No comments:

Post a Comment