02 February 2011

Updating AND ATC's



Here it is Wednesday 2 February 2011, and I haven't posted in several months. No longer will I make promises I can't keep. My only 'promise' is that I will do my best to update my blog as I have time. Additionally, I will apply this to my life outside crafting. Keep life simple. Give routine a try. Only do what is in the realm of the POSSIBLE. This doesn't mean I will not stretch my comfort zone in creating, cooking, crafting, and trying new things in life. Rather, it is about being real, being me without stretching me too far--so far that I drop from stress or fatigue. Isn't this something to which we can all relate?

Sadly, our ATC group hasn't met in several months. I am hoping to re-start it in the near future. I miss all the ladies, learning from each other, and sharing our lives stories.

Here are a few of the last ATC's that I created before our hiatus.

I think our theme for the above ATC was monochrome. Pink is my favorite color, and I love edgy images like this one by Stampotique. The title is, "Never Stop Sparkling." I thought it was funny and ironic to place that sentiment along with the image of this very EMO looking boy, who, by the way, I think is adorable.

For this ATC, I embossed with Zing, used lots of glimmer mist, Ranger's Rock Candy Stickles, AMuse ribbon, and a little bling to finish it off.


The theme for this ATC was, What is Black and White and Read all over.

I would say this ATC isn't truly finished. It was more of an experiment with technique. I placed a brass stencil on top of newspaper, painted gesso over it, removed the stencil, and allowed the gesso to dry overnight. After, I distressed and inked the edges, sprayed glimmer mist all over it, added ribbon and a little bling. Finished. Or, as finished as I was able at the time. Just couldn't think of anything to add/change. Ideas?

There it is. ATC's updated.

Scrapbook layout updates to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment